There are some places that just seem to attract more than their share of vacationers, and Holland, MI is one of them. The area is dotted with vacation homes and cottages, with some people just coming out to enjoy the warm summer months while others are present all year long. So why is it that Holland is such a great area to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life?
It starts with the setting. Near the shores of Lake Michigan and Lake Macatawa, Holland is a perfect setting for taking a vacation. This location alone gives it many advantages over neighboring towns and makes it one of the most-popular spots along the beautiful Lake Michigan coastline.
While one could write a whole book on what is so great about this region, the following five points are a good place to start –
- Outdoor living. During the summer, there is simply a ton of stuff that you can do outdoors in the Holland area. From golf and fishing to hiking, swimming, biking, and more, it is almost impossible to be bored on a sunny, summer day. Even in the winter, while cold, the snowy days can make for an incredible view of the waterfront locations.
- Proximity to big cities. Whether you are coming just down the road from Grand Rapids, or in from Detroit or Chicago, it doesn’t take too long to get to Holland from anywhere around the region. If you are just coming out for a quick weekend away, the drive won’t be so long as to make you decide to stay home.
- Dining and shopping. Holland is able to strike a nice balance between small town feel and enough things to do to keep the whole family entertained. If you decide you don’t want to cook one night, there are plenty of dining options to satisfy your taste buds. Also, there are cultural events during the year that the whole community can come together and participate in.
- Transition to retirement. One popular option is to buy a vacation home in the Holland area, with the intent of using it as a full-time residence when retirement comes along.
- The Lake. There is just no substitute for Lake Michigan and all that it has to offer – and Holland has many points of access just waiting to be explored. Most who vacation in this region do so because of the lake, and owning a vacation property near Holland, MI will afford you plenty of opportunities to enjoy it.
Leave A Comment